VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Technology Solutions and Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, USA, Australia, Singapore & India.
VAM Systems is currently looking for Desktop Support Engineer for our Qatar operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
Skill Set required:
· At least 3 years’ experience of IT Service Management principles and processes
· The candidate should have experience working in desktop support roles that include supporting end user for information technology.
· High level of proficiency and knowledge of working in a Corporate IT environment
· Solid understanding of hardware and software asset management processes
· Experience of working to (and exceeding) Service Level Agreements
· Broad technical understanding of IS services being supported
· Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Strong business focus and customer service skills
· Working knowledge of database/excel structures/tables/configurations
· Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
· A valid Driving license is essential as travel will be required to other offices
· Security – Depending on region you will be asked to apply for security clearance
· They will have exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
· They will be service oriented, with good communication skills and have a good understanding of end-to-end processes and working within service level agreements.
· Must demonstrate a good understanding of the importance of teamwork and planning in delivering excellence
· Direct customer liaison and be able to communicate at all levels within the company
· Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution
· Qualifications: Certification from Microsoft
· ITIL V3 Qualification
· Working knowledge of Service Now
Competencies specific for this role (if different to the generic competencies listed below)
· IT Service Management expertise
· Communication skills
· Stakeholder Management
· Performance Improvement
· Confidence and professionalism
Purpose of the Team/Role
The Desk Side and Technology Support Analyst is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. Their role is to both provide second line support. They are responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
· Manage and priorities all 2nd line incidents and requests according to defined SLAs (within specific regions)
· General troubleshooting of the client’s desktop computing environment based on incidents service requests logged via the Global Service Desk.
· Deploy desktop computers and peripherals, record and track assets during deployment according to Group Is standards and workflow procedures
· Maintain regional service excellence by providing customers with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents and requests
· Ensure colleagues take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
· Troubleshooting a range of technology and telephony issues: investigating, diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution
· Own, monitor and maintain equipment rooms to comply with Group IS and QSE standards
· Support the set-up of new offices, sites or projects across the local region
· Management of Service Now ‘Stock Rooms’ and ownership of goods receipting process
· Responsible for the recycling of all redundant IT equipment and technologies, ensuring correct disposal according to Asset Disposal Policy
· Act as an escalation point for 2nd Line support issues
· Ensure maintenance of all local equipment rooms and conference room IS facilities, mitigate risks arising from audits, fire, safety or other risk assessments
· Act as an escalation point for local service issues
· Escalate and track issues with vendors and other internal support teams to troubleshoot problems with hardware and software
· Daily analysis of reports indicating tickets outside of SLA with local team
· Provide ad hoc reports and updates on current issues to Desk Side and Technology Support Manager
· Manage and review processes defined in the IS Business Management System
· Works as directed by Desk Side and Technology Support Manager to maintain / enhance desk side services
· Provide cover for the local Desk Side and Technology Support Manager as and when required
· Conduct training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications
· Provide Support for less experienced members of the team
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month).
The selected candidates shall join VAM Systems – Qatar and shall be deputed to one of the leading Organizations in Qatar.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at email@example.com or call us +91 471-3073535